I traveled to Kyoto to view cherry blossoms for three days and two nights. Although the weather was not always good, cherry blossoms in Kyoto were marvelous. In this article, I will write about Maruyama Park, Nene Road, Yasaka Pagoda and Kiyomizu-dera Temple as part of Day 1.
[Series of articles]
* Day 1 (1) Heian Jingu Shrine and Okazaki Canal (Jikkokubune Boat Ride)
* Day 1 (2) Keage Incline and Nanzenji Temple
* Day 1 (3) Philosopher’s Path
* Day 1 (4) Takenaka Inari Shrine, Munetada Shrine, Shinnyodo Temple and Konkai Komyoji Temple
* Day 1 (5) Maruyama Park, Nene Road, Yasaka Pagoda and Kiyomizu-dera Temple (evening illuminations) [This article]
* Day 2 (1) Kyoto Gyoen and Kyoto Gosho
* Day 2 (2) Honmanji Temple, Nijo Castle, Shinsen-en and Kiyomizu-dera Temple
* Day 2 (3) To-ji Temple (including evening illuminations) and Rikuson-no Shrine
* Day 3 (1) Arashiyama (Bamboo Grove), Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, Gion Shirakawa and Kenninji Temple
So far I walked around the northern part of Rakuto area in Kyoto and from now I am going to the southern part of Rakuto area.
To begin with, Maruyama Park. There is a famous shidarezakura (weeping cherry blossoms on sprays) called “Night cherry trees in Gion”.
Chaged the white barance setting so that it looked like sunset.
Next, Nene Road, which is near Kodai-ji temple. It has beautiful scenery just like typical Kyoto.
Next destination was Yasaka Pagoda. The venue is often used for filming spots and the sunset around here was so impressive.
Kiyomizu-dera Temple (evening illuminations)
The last stop was Kiyomizu-dera temple for evening illuminations. Although I understood there were so many crowds at Kiyomizu-dera temple, I decided to visit there to see how it looked like in Spring.
Nio-mon gate and three storied pagoda.
Three storied pagoda.
The main hall of Kiyomizu-dera temple.
Three storied pagoda again.
Now I completed the Day 1.
That’s it for the article about Maruyama Park, Nene Road, Yasaka Pagoda and Kiyomizu-dera Temple as part of Day 1. I especially recommend Yasaka Pagoda and Kiyomizu-dera Temple, as both of them represent beautiful Kyoto scenery 🙂
In the next article, I will write about Kyoto Gyoen and Kyoto Gosho as part of Day 2.
Kyoto Travel Guide (English)
Kiyomizu-dera Temple (English)