I traveled to Iwakuni, Miyajima and Hiroshima for 3 days and 2 nights in early December. In this article, I will write about Itsukushima Shrine in the evening and night with illumination. The view of illuminated Itsukushima Shrine was more fantastic than I expected.
[Visit Places (series of articles)]
* Iwakuni: Kintaikyo Bridge [Related article]
* Iwakuni: Iwakuni Castle [Related article]
* Miyajima: Itsukushima Shrine (daytime at high tide) [Related article]
* Miyajima: Itsukushima Shrine (daytime at low tide) [Related article]
* Miyajima: Itsukushima Shrine (evening and night) [This article]
* Miyajima: Others [Related article]
* Hiroshima: Hiroshima Castle [Related article]
* Hiroshima: Atomic Bomb Dome and Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park [Related article]
Regarding Itsukushima Shirine in Miyajima, I wrote about daytime at high tide in the last but one article and at low tide in the previous article. This time, I will write about evening and night view at Itsukushima Shrine. The shrine is lit up from sunset to 11 pm all year.
First of all, View from the west side of Itsukushima Shrine.
Here, near the exit of Itsukushima Shrine.
There are appliances for illumination in the stone lanterns.
I also took a photo with vertical angle.
O-torii Gate (the great Torii) accented with tree branches.
There was a five story pagoda, though it was captured small.
With a tourist.
Now, view from the east side of Itsukushima Shrine.
With the stone lanterns.
In addition the lanterns, with a couple.
When I move to the west side again, it got dark dramatically.
Then, the sun went down completely.
That’s it for the article about Itsukushima Shrine with illumination in the evening. Miyajima is full with tourists during daytime, but the number of the tourists decreases in the evening. I suppose this is partially because accommodation rate in Miyajima is relatively expensive and many shops close in the evening. However, the illuminated Itsukushima Shrine is fantastics, so I would recommend tourists visit the shine both in the daytime and in the evening.
So far, I have written three articles about Itsukushima Shrine, as it is my main objective in this trip. I also went around other places in Miyajima, and I will write about it in the next article.
(To be continued)