I traveled to Kanazawa (Ishikawa Prefecture) and Gokayama (Toyama Prefecture) for three days and two nights. This was my first visit to Hokuriku District and I felt unique atmosphere there. In this article, I will write about light-up at Higashi Chaya District and Kazue-machi Chaya District as part of Day 2.
[Visit Places (series of articles)]
* Day 1 (1) Kanazawa Station, Omi-cho Market and Oyama Jinja Shrine
* Day 1 (2) Buke Yashiki District, 21st Century Museum and D.T. Suzuki Museum
* Day 1 (3) Kanazawa Castle Park and Kanazawa Station (Illumination)
* Day 2 (1) Kenrokuen Garden
* Day 2 (2) Kanazawa Castle Park
* Day 2 (3) Higashi Chaya District and Kazue-machi Chaya District
* Day 2 (4) Higashi Chaya District and Kazue-machi Chaya District (Light-up) [This article]
* Day 3 (1) Gokayama: Suganuma Gassho-zukuri Village
* Day 3 (2) Gokayama: Ainokura Gassho-zukuri Village
* Day 3 (3) Kanazawa Station
Following the previous post, I continued to walk around Higashi Chaya District and Kazue-machi Chaya District. In the evening, the light-up has started.
Higashi Chaya District
To begin with, Higashi Chaya District.
In contrast to the day, the number of tourists was less in the evening.
A symbolic willow tree.
Now it has got dark and I changed color shade.
Kazue-machi Chaya Distric
I left Higashi Chaya District for now and moved to Kazue-machi Chaya District.
Small torii gate.
I changed color shade so that the scene became more dramatic.
View of Asanogawa Ohashi Bridge.
Shops along Asanogawa River.
Higashi Chaya District
I returned to Higashi Chaya District. Now I rarely saw other tourists.
I found a man who took photos with tripods.
Now I also started to take photos with tripods.
A willow tree.
Kazue-machi Chaya District
Since I had some time, I took photos at Kazue-machi Chaya District again.
Then, I moved back to Kanazawa station by bus and completed all of my activities in the second day.
That’s it for the article about the light-up at Higashi Chaya District and Kazue-machi Chaya District as part of Day 2. As I mentioned above, there were many tourists at Higashi Chaya District and Kazue-machi Chaya District during the day while there were less tourists there in the evening. So, if you would like to take photos with less people, I would recommend you visit in the evening.
On the third day of my trip, I went for an outing to historic villages of Gokayama, a World Heritage site. In the next article, I will write about Suganuma Gassho-zukuri Village.
Kanazawa Tourist Information Guide (English)