I traveled to Hirosaki City and Aomori City, Aomori Prefecture for four days and three nights. In this article, I will write about cherry blossoms at Hirosaki Park (Hirosaki Castle).
[Visit Places (series of articles)]
* Cherry Blossoms at Hirosaki Park during daytime (This article)
* Cherry Blossoms at Hirosaki Park during nighttime (Related article)
* Sightseeing spots in Hirosaki 1 (Neputa Mura etc.) (Related article)
* Sightseeing spots in Hirosaki 2 (Former Hirosaki City Library etc.) (Related article)
* Aomori bay area (Nebuta House Wa Rasse etc.) (Related article)
* Aomori other areas (Sannai-Maruyama site etc.) (Related article)
2015.04.28 – 30
Hirosaki Park is well known as one of the most beautiful cherry blossom spots in Japan. This year cherry blossoms flowered earlier than average, so when I arrived at the park, cherry blossoms passed the peak time and started to fall. However, I enjoyed viewing them.
There is Hirosaki Castle in Hirosaki Park.
There is also a shrine in the park.
It is often called “Cherry blossoms carpet” or “Flower raft”.
It seems a TV program was shot there.
Cherry blossoms petals
Hirosaki Castles with dusk approaching
To be honest, I expected cherry blossoms in full bloom, so I was not satisfied in that context. Through this trip, however, I realized fallen cherry blossoms are also attractive. In addition to daytime exhibition, there is night illumination in Hirosaki Park and I will write about it in the next article.
Hirosaki Park (Official website in English)