I traveled to Matsuyama, the capital of Ehime Prefecture, for 4 days and 3 nights. The main purpose of this trip was to watch Yuru-chara Grand Prix 2016 on the last 2 days. My favorite Milan, which is the mascot character of Ehime Prefecture, did not participate in the contest, but entertained other local mascot characters and the audience as a host of the event with Barysan, Imabari city’s mascot character. I also participated in a PR event for the Grand Prix and did some sightseeing. In this article, I will write about light-up at Matsuyama Castle and a vegetable restaurant “SOH SOH” as part of Day 2.
[Visit Places (series of articles)]
* Day 1 (1) Yuru-chara Grand Prix PR event 1 (Okaido and Gintengai)
* Day 1 (2) Yuru-chara Grand Prix PR event 2 (Ropeway street and Dogo Onsen)
* Day 1 (3) Dogo Onsen (Light up)
* Day 2 (1) Mican Center at Ehime prefectural government office
* Day 2 (2) Ninomaru Historical Garden and Matsuyama Castle
* Day 2 (3) Matsuyama Castle (Light up) [This article]
* Day 3 (1) Yuru-chara Grand Prix 2016 1st day part 1
* Day 3 (2) Yuru-chara Grand Prix 2016 1st day part 2
* Day 3 (3) Okaido (Bansuiso Villa and Saka no Ue no Kumo Museum etc.)
* Day 4 (1) Yuru-chara Grand Prix 2016 2nd day part 1
* Day 4 (2) Yuru-chara Grand Prix 2016 2nd day part 2
* Day 4 (3) Matsuyama City Station (Tram, Matsuchika Town etc.)
Following the previous post, I will continue to go around Matsuyama Castle. While the castle tower is closed in the evening, Honmaru square is open until 9 p.m. Matsuyama Castle is lighted up every night, so I decided to watch it.
Evening view at Matsuyama Castle
To begin with, I watched evening view around sunset. Thanks to desirable conditions, I was able to take good photos of sunset.
Here it is.
Visitors around me looked at sunset admiringly. This was one of the best sunset I have ever seen for several years along with the sunset at Shimonada station (see the related artcile).
This was a view of Matsuyama city.
I took some silhouette photos of Matsuyama Castle.
Here are normal photos of Matsuyama Castle.
Night view at Matsuyama Castle
Now the sun went down and the light-up started.
Yoshiaki-kun, the mascot character of Matsuyama Castle.
View of Matsuyama city.
Light-up of Matsuyama Castle.
Around castle tower.
Then, I left Matsuyama Castle.
Dinner at vegetable restaurant “SOHSOH”
Now I returned to Ropeway street.
The statue of Yoshiaki Kato, the first lord of Matsuyama Castle.
I had a dinner at a vegetable restaurant “SOHSOH” on Ropeway street.
The concept of this restaurant is “we will serve vegetables as much as possible”.
In the restaurant.
There were a variety of food menu and I ordered a set meal that included brown rice, salad, tofu hamburger and natto with avocado.
I was satisfied with the resrautant for its food and good service.
After dinner, I moved back to the hotel and the second day of my trip was over.
That’s it for the article about light-up at Matsuyama Castle as part of Day 2. This time, the light-up at Matsuyama Castle was a normal one, but I heard there were special versions sometimes, so I would like to watch it in the future 🙂
In the next article, I will write about the 1st day of Yuru-chara Grand Prix 2016.
The official Website of Tourism Matsuyama