I traveled to Matsuyama, the capital of Ehime Prefecture, for 4 days and 3 nights. The main purpose of this trip was to watch Yuru-chara Grand Prix 2016 on the last 2 days. My favorite Milan, which is the mascot character of Ehime Prefecture, did not participate in the contest, but entertained other local mascot characters and the audience as a host of the event with Barysan, Imabari city’s mascot character. I also participated in a PR event for the Grand Prix and did some sightseeing. In this article, I will write about Dogo Onsen as part of Day 1.
[Visit Places (series of articles)]
* Day 1 (1) Yuru-chara Grand Prix PR event 1 (Okaido and Gintengai)
* Day 1 (2) Yuru-chara Grand Prix PR event 2 (Ropeway street and Dogo Onsen)
* Day 1 (3) Dogo Onsen (Light up) [This article]
* Day 2 (1) Mican Center at Ehime prefectural government office
* Day 2 (2) Ninomaru Historical Garden and Matsuyama Castle
* Day 2 (3) Matsuyama Castle (Light up)
* Day 3 (1) Yuru-chara Grand Prix 2016 1st day part 1
* Day 3 (2) Yuru-chara Grand Prix 2016 1st day part 2
* Day 3 (3) Okaido (Bansuiso Villa and Saka no Ue no Kumo Museum etc.)
* Day 4 (1) Yuru-chara Grand Prix 2016 2nd day part 1
* Day 4 (2) Yuru-chara Grand Prix 2016 2nd day part 2
* Day 4 (3) Matsuyama City Station (Tram, Matsuchika Town etc.)
In the previous article, I wrote about Yuru-chara Grand Prix PR event at Dogo Onsen. I took other snap photos at Dogo Onsen.
At the platform of Dogo Onsen station with tram.
Dogo Onsen station building.
Dogo Onsen shopping arcade.
At Dogo tourist information center with Mican T-shirts.
There are several sourvnir shops in the street and I found a big stuffed Mican.
Dogo Onsen Honkan.
Exhibition of “Galaxy Express 999” at DOGO-KAN
I came to DOGO-KAN, one of the accommodations at Dogo Onsen area.
There was an exhibition of “Galaxy Express 999”, a famous Japanese cantoon, at DOGO-KAN, so that’s why I visited it.
Here are art works.
Evening view at Dogo Onsen
After I left DOGO-KAN, I watched Yuru-chara Grand Prix PR event, which I wrote in the previous article. When the PR event finished, it was around sunset. I continued to stay Dogo Onsen area amd took photos of evening view at Dogo Onsen.
Dogo Onsen Honkan.
Around Doso Onsen station.
Uwajima Tai Meshi (Sea bream rice) at Gansui
I had a dinner at Gansui, located on Dogo shpping arcade.
Gansui is a Japanese restaurant, whose main cuisine is Uwajima Tai Meshi (Sea bream rice).
In the restaurant.
I ordered Uwajima Tai Meshi (Sea bream rice). The restaurant provides both wild sea bream and famred sea bream and I chose wild one.
Here is Uwajima Tai Meshi (sea bram rice).
When I settled a payment at the register, I found there was a Japanese sake with Mican label.
Night view (light-up) at Dogo Onsen
After dinner, I took photos of night view (light-up) at Dogo Onsen.
Dogo Onsen Honkan.
A rickshow man.
View from a promenade on a hill side.
Then, I moved to Dogo Onsen station to take some photos and returned to the hotel.
That’s it for the article about Dogo Onsen as part of Day 1. The main purpose of this trip was to watch Yuru-chara Grand Prix, so I didn’t do sightseeing so much. However, whenever I visited Dogo Onsen, I found it very nice. I traveled to Dogo Onsen for 3 days and 2 nights in January of this year, so if you are interested in Dogo Onsen, please see my past articles 🙂
- Dogo Hot Spring main building filled with colorful art works
- Illuminated Dogo Hot Spring main building in “Mika Ninagawa × Dogo Onsen DOGO ART 2015”
- “Mika Ninagawa × Dogo Onsen DOGO ART 2015” art works hopping
- Dogo shopping arcade and Dogo gourmet
- Dogo Onsen Hot Spring other tourist spots
- Dogo Onsen station, tram and Botchan train
- Mican room in Dogo Prince Hotel
In the next article, I will write about Mican Center at Ehime prefectural government office.
The official Website of Tourism Matsuyama