I traveled to Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur and Penang) and Brunei for a week, while I attended my Malaysian friend’s wedding at Kuala Lumpur. In this article, I will write about my flight from Tokyo to Kuala Lumpur as part of Day 1. I used Malaysia Airlines and to my surprise, my seat was upgraded to business class.
[Visit Places (series of articles)]
* Day 1 (1) Flying to Kuala Lumpur (This article)
* Day 1 (2) Night view of Petronas Twin Towers (Related article)
* Day 2 (1) Petronas Twin Towers and Suria KLCC (Related article)
* Day 2 (2) Aquaria KLCC (Related article)
* Day 2 (3) Bukit Bintang (Related article)
* Day 3 (1) Colonial architecture in Penang (Related article)
* Day 3 (2) Pinang Peranakan Mansion and Eastern & Oriental Hotel (Related article)
* Day 3 (3) Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion (Blue Mansion) (Related article)
* Day 4 (1) Ethnic architecture in Penang (Related article)
* Day 4 (2) Art works in Penang (Related article)
* Day 5 (1) Masjid Negara and Islamic Arts Museum (Related article)
* Day 5 (2) Chinatown (Related article)
* Day 6 (1) Royal Regalia (Related article)
* Day 6 (2) Old Mosque (Related article)
* Day 7 (1) Water Village, New Mosque and Gadong area (Related article)
* Day 7 (2) Empire Hotel (Related article)
(Day 1, 2, 5, 6: Kuala Lumpur, Day 3, 4: Penang, Day 6, 7: Brunei)
2015.9.22 – 29
NOTE: as the blog title suggests, I mainly write about my travel around Japan, but I will write about my overseas travel in this series.
This journey started from Narita Airport.
There are several options about the flight between Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur, which include AirAsia and ANA. This time, I chose Malaysia Airlines, considering ticket price and time table.
Malaysia Airlines has an upgrade program, “MHupgrade”, where you can bet the amount you are willing to pay for your upgrade within the designated range. Then, you may be given your upgrade, considering the amount you bet and its availability. I bet a little bit more than the minimum amount just for fun, and to my surprise, I was given an upgrade 🙂
Anyway, now let’s get started.
After embarkation procedure, I took several photos.
At Narita Airport, I was able to use the lounge of Qantas Airways.
View from the lounge.
Now I will start to leave.
Flight with Malaysia Airlines
Got on board.
Now is the time for lunch.
The lunch started with Sate as an appetizer
In addition, there was a refreshment.
Malaysia Airlines cabin attendants
Entering into Malaysia
Now I arrived at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
I moved from the airport to KL Sentral station by KLIA Ekspres.
Then, I transfered the train (LRT) to KLCC station where the hotel I stayed was located.
After checking in the hotel, I went to Petronas Twin Towers to see its night view.
So, that’s it for the article about my flight to Kuala Lumpur.
I have used Malaysia Airlines once before, but my last flight was just a one-hour flight between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, so I didn’t have any specific impression about Malaysia Airlines. This time, I enjoyed and was very satisfied with my flight with Malaysia Airlines. I recommend Malaysia Airline 🙂
In the next article, I will write about night view of Petronas Twin Towers.
(2016.09.04 edit) One year after the flight with Malaysia Airlines, I traveled business class of Singapore Airlines. If you are interested in it, please see the related article (Link).
Malaysia Airlines (English)
Welcome to Malaysia! And your photos really so nice!! Penang is a nice place for everything. From hill to beach, western to eastern, good food and good view. Beach just soso, next time can try togo to Redang island. 😉
Oh, you are Malaysian. I would like to visit Malaysia again in the future. Actually, I am interested in Borneo island, but I will also consider Redang island as well on your advice 🙂