I traveled to Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur and Penang) and Brunei for a week, while I attended my Malaysian friend’s wedding at Kuala Lumpur. In this article, I will write about the Empire Hotel & Country Club, the 7-start hotel in Brunei, as part of Day 7.
[Visit Places (series of articles)]
* Day 1 (1) Flying to Kuala Lumpur (Related article)
* Day 1 (2) Night view of Petronas Twin Towers (Related article)
* Day 2 (1) Petronas Twin Towers and Suria KLCC (Related article)
* Day 2 (2) Aquaria KLCC (Related article)
* Day 2 (3) Bukit Bintang (Related article)
* Day 3 (1) Colonial architecture in Penang (Related article)
* Day 3 (2) Pinang Peranakan Mansion and Eastern & Oriental Hotel (Related article)
* Day 3 (3) Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion (Blue Mansion) (Related article)
* Day 4 (1) Ethnic architecture in Penang (Related article)
* Day 4 (2) Art works in Penang (Related article)
* Day 5 (1) Masjid Negara and Islamic Arts Museum (Related article)
* Day 5 (2) Chinatown (Related article)
* Day 6 (1) Royal Regalia (Related article)
* Day 6 (2) Old Mosque (Related article)
* Day 7 (1) Water Village, New Mosque and Gadong area (Related article)
* Day 7 (2) Empire Hotel (This article)
(Day 1, 2, 5, 6: Kuala Lumpur, Day 3, 4: Penang, Day 6, 7: Brunei)
2015.9.22 – 29
NOTE: as the blog title suggests, I mainly write about my travel around Japan, but I will write about my overseas travel in this series.
The latter half of Day 2 in Brunei and the last day of the whole trip. This is the final article of the series of my trip to Malaysia and Brunei.
The final destination in Brunei was the Empire Hotel and Country Club.
The Empire Hotel and Country Club
The Empire Hotel and Country Club is the 7-star hotel, which was opened in 2000. Floors and pilers in the hotel lobby are made of Italy marble and pure gold is used for ornament. The hotel is equipped with a golf course, seven pools, a movie theater and a bowling alley. Although I didn’t stay at the hotel, I went there as I thought it was worth visiting.
The entrance of the hotel.
Go into the hotel.
It should be expensive.
I went around the hotel lobby.
There was a restaurant on the lower level.
There was a pool outside the hotel. Although it was hazy, I looked around.
There was a golf course and a golf cart was running.
There was also a beach.
I wish it had been sunny…
It could not be helped. So, I continued to take photos.
I went inside the hotel again.
Since I came all the way, I ordered a cold drink at the lobby.
Then, I left the Empire Hotel and Country Club.
Returning to Japan
Now the whole schedule was completed and the rest was to go back to Japan. I flew from Brunei to Kuala Lumpur in the evening and after 3-hour transit in Kuala Lumpur, I took an overnight flight to Tokyo. As the return flight, I used Malaysia Airlines just like the outward flight. As I mentioned in the first article of this series, Malaysia Airlines has an upgrade system, called ”MHupgrade”, and I was fortunate to be upgraded to a business class seat 🙂
Airport lounge of Malaysia Airlines in the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
Sate that was served as a night meal.
Bread and fruits as a breakfast.
Nasi Lemak I chose as a main dish.
Finally, I returned to Tokyo (Narita International Airport).
This was the final shot in the article.
That’s it for the article about the Empire Hotel & Country Club, the 7-start hotel in Brunei. To sum up the travel to Malaysia and Brunei as a whole, although I got nice weather in Penang, I was suffering from the haze in Kuala Lumpur and Brunei, and I was not able to take photos as intended. However, it was uncontrollable for me, so there is no use complaining about the weather. This time, my primary objective was to attend my friend’s wedding in Kuala Lumpur and I enjoyed it very much 🙂
Anyway, it has been more than a month since I returned from the trip, and now I have completed all of the series of my trip to Malaysia and Brunei. Thank you for reading through my articles!
From now now, as mentioned in my profile, I will continue to write about domestic travels for the time being.
The Empire Hotel & Country Club