I traveled to Ehime and Kagawa Prefecture for 4 days and 3 nights. In this article, I will write about Shodoshima Olive Park. I was impressed by a Greek windmill in the park, which conjured up the image of the Aegean Sea.
[Visit Places (series of articles)]
* Ozu City part 1: Old town (Related article)
* Ozu City part 2: Garyu Sanso and Ozu Castle (Related article)
* Shimonada: Shimonada station (Related article)
* Imabari City: Imabari Castle etc. (Related article)
* Shimanami Kaido: Kurushima Kaikyo Bridge (Related article)
* Shodoshima Island part 1: Nijushi no Hitomi Movie Village (Related article)
* Shodoshima Island part 2: Shodoshima Olive Park (This article)
* Shodoshima Island part 3: Angel Road (Related article)
* Shodoshima Island part 4: Meiro no machi (Maze Town) etc. (Related article)
* Matsuyama City: Tram, Botchan train and Mikyan (Related article)
2015.07.25 – 28
Following my previous post about Twenty-Four Eyes Movie Village (Nijyushi-no-hitomi eigamura), I visited Shodoshima Olive Park.
What is Shodoshima Olive Park?
Shodoshima Olive Park is a theme park that features olive in Shodoshima town, Kagawa prefecture. It is located adjacent to an olive farm that succeeded in growing olives for the first time in Japan during the Meiji Period and owns facilities that show the history of olive in Shodoshima.
There are a variety of facilities in the park and to start with, I visited the Olive memorial house.
The most famous spot in the park is a Greek windmill. It was constructed in the motif of the Milos Island, Greece, which has a sister island relationship with Shodoshima. The Greek windmill is often seen in guidebooks and brochures.
So, I took many photos of the Greek windmill.
Other spots in the Shodoshima Olive Park
Of course, there are many tourist spots other than the Greek windmill in the park.
A monument to show the birthplace of olive. Cultivating olive in Shodoshima started from this place with an olive plant imported from the U.S. in 1907.
Herb Craft Milos where you can experience herb craft.
Olivex Uchinomi, which is a lodge that recreates the image of the Aegean Sea.
An open space with beautiful chalky construction products that remind me of ancient Greece.
An impressive monument.
There is a beach near the park.
Finally, sweets including olive.
So, that’s it for the article about the Shodoshima Olive Park. Above all, I was very impressed with the beautiful scenery of the Greek windmill. In addition, exhibits in the Olive memorial house that showed the history of olive in Shodoshima were also interesting.
In the next article, I will write about Angel Road, which is a representative tourist spot in Shodoshima along with the Shodoshima Olive Park.
SHODOSHIMA TRAVEL NAVI – INFORMATION (English)