I traveled to Ehime and Kagawa Prefecture for 4 days and 3 nights. In this article, I will write about Meiro no machi (Maze Town), Hosai Ozaki Memorial Museum, Saikoji Temple and Dofuchi Strait.
[Visit Places (series of articles)]
* Ozu City part 1: Old town (Related article)
* Ozu City part 2: Garyu Sanso and Ozu Castle (Related article)
* Shimonada: Shimonada station (Related article)
* Imabari City: Imabari Castle etc. (Related article)
* Shimanami Kaido: Kurushima Kaikyo Bridge (Related article)
* Shodoshima Island part 1: Nijushi no Hitomi Movie Village (Related article)
* Shodoshima Island part 2: Shodoshima Olive Park (Related article)
* Shodoshima Island part 3: Angel Road (Related article)
* Shodoshima Island part 4: Meiro no machi (Maze Town) etc. (This article)
* Matsuyama City: Tram, Botchan train and Mikyan (Related article)
2015.07.25 – 28
This is the final article about Shodoshima Island and a series of the travel to Ehime and Kagawa Prefecture. In addition to Nijushi no Hitomi Movie Village, Shodoshima Olive Park and Angel Road, I visited several places in Shodoshima Island.
Meiro no machi (Maze Town)
This area hae been called “Meiro no machi (Maze Town)” for many years. This is because alleys were made complicated to protect buildings from sea window. In addition, there were a lot of funny art works along the street.
Hosai Ozaki Memorial Museum
Hosai Ozaki is a Japanese poet of the late Meiji and Taisho periods of Japan. He spent his last years in Shodoshima Island.
In Meiro no machi (Maze Town), there is a temple named “Saikoji”.
The final destination in Shodoshima Island was Dofuchi Strait. This place is recognized in the Guinness Book of Records as the narrowest strait in the world – the narrowest past is 9.93 meter in width.
I left Shodishima Inland and moved to Takamatsu Port.
At Takamatsu Port with the art work of “Liminal Air-core-“.
I moved to Takamatsu Airport and then returned to Tokyo.
So, that’s it for the article about Meiro no machi (Maze Town) etc. in Shodoshima Island. Now I’ve covered a series of the four-day three-night travel to Ehime and Kagawa Prefecture. Originally, I planed to complete this series, but I will write an extra article next time.
SHODOSHIMA TRAVEL NAVI – INFORMATION (English)