I traveled to Nagasaki Prefecture for three days and two nights. The main objective was to see “Nagasaki Lantern Festival. In this article, I will write about night illumination in Huis Ten Bosch as part of day 1.
[Visit Places (series of articles)]
* Day 1 (1) Huis Ten Bosch: Flower Road and Amsterdam City etc.
* Day 1 (2) Huis Ten Bosch: Tower City and Harbor Town etc.
* Day 1 (3) Huis Ten Bosch: illumination in the evening [This article]
* Day 2 (1) Peace Park, Urakami Cathedral and Atomic Bomb Museum
* Day 2 (2) Oura Cathedral, Glover Garden, Confucian Shrine, Dutch slope and Meganebashi Bridge
* Day 2 (3) Nagasaki Lantern Festival: Shinchi Chinatown and Confucian Shrine
* Day 3 (1) Dejima and Twenty-Six Martyrs Museum and Monument
* Day 3 (2) Nagasaki Lantern Festival: Central Park
* Day 3 (3) Nagasaki Lantern Festival: Shian-bashi Bridge and Tojin Yashiki Ato
Following my previous post, I will continue to walk around Huis Ten Bosch. Now it will be dark soon and the night illuminations starts.
Just before sunset
First, I started to take photos of evening views just before sunset.
At Amsterdam city.
There was a show “Masquerade”.
Other snaps in Amsterdam city.
The night illumination started in a full slot after sunset. Huis Ten Bosch holds “Kingdom of Light” as an illumination event every year. As you can see on the website or guidebooks, there are so many kinds of illuminations in the venue.
“Light and Fountain Canal”. The canal is covered with rainbow colors in the evening and when canal cruisers pass, illuminated fountains are sprayed.
Trajectory of canal cruisers with slow shutters.
Hotel Europe and Domtoren.
Happy balloon street.
White ferris wheel.
Waterfall of light.
Tulip garden of light.
Then, I left Huis Ten Bosch, moved to Nagasaki city and finished the first day of my travel.
That’s it for the article about night illumination in Huis Ten Bosch as part of day 1. To be honest, the site was so enormous in both scale and diversity that it was difficult to see everything within a single day. So, perhaps it may be better to stay overnight in Huis Ten Bosch, if possible 🙂
FYI: here are other articles about light-up and illumination in my blog.
Illuminated Dogo Hot Spring main building in “Mika Ninagawa × Dogo Onsen DOGO ART 2015”
Itsukushima Shrine: evening and night with illumination
“Jewellumination” – Winter Illumination at Yomiuri Land
Night view of Petronas Twin Towers
Cherry Blossoms at Hirosaki Park (Hirosaki Castle) with night illumination
Otaru Snow Light Path Festival: a handmade and heartfelt event
Sapporo Snow Festival @Odori Site and nightview of Sapporo TV Tower
Sapporo: Shiroi Koibito Park with winter illumination
Now I have completed a series of articles about Huis Ten Bosch as day 1. In the next article, I visited around Peace Park as part of day 2.
Huis Ten Bosch (English)